1. RESPECTING YOUR PRIVACY
This policy outlines our personal information management practices. Specifically:
- the kinds of personal information we collect and hold;
- how we collect and hold it;
- the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose it;
- your right to access and seek correction of it;
- how you may complain about privacy matters; and
- our sharing of your personal information overseas.
2. WHAT KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD?
The personal information we collect and hold is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions and activities. When we collect and hold personal information, it is of the following kinds:
- your personal details such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers, age and gender;
- your customer reference number or loyalty card number;
- whether you have taken up some of our other offerings, such as membership of our clubs and loyalty programs.
- any rewards and redemption details applicable to your membership of our loyalty programs;
- what, how and when you buy from us or have expressed an interest in buying from us;
- your stated or likely preferences, for example whether you may be interested in particular products or promotions.
3. HOW DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Collection of personal information: When we collect personal information about you, we do so by making a record of it. We do this when:
- you register with us, for example become a member of one of our clubs or loyalty programs or to send you information;
- you communicate with us online;
- you take part in our promotions, and competitions;
We may also collect personal information about you by accessing data from other sources and then analysing that data together with the information we already hold about you in order to learn more about your likely preferences and interests.
When you visit our websites, social media pages or mobile applications or click on our advertisements on the online media of other companies, we may collect information about you using technology which is not apparent to you, for example “cookies”. For information about our use of this technology, click on this link to view our Cookie Statement.
Most of the personal information we collect and hold about you is from your direct dealings with us. We may sometimes collect your personal information other than from you directly. For example from other suppliers who, in common with us, have a relationship with you.
Holding of personal information: Personal information we hold is generally stored in computer systems. These may be operated by us or by our service providers. In all cases, we have rigorous information security requirements aimed at eliminating risks of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or wrongful alteration of, personal information.
4. WHY DO WE COLLECT, HOLD, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
When we collect, hold and use your personal information, we do so primarily to sell and promote our goods and services to you and to improve on the range of our offerings. For example
- to learn of your likely preferences so that we may promote our goods and services to you in a way which may be of most interest to you; and
- to assist in investigating your complaints and enquiries.
We disclose personal information we collect for purposes which are incidental to the sale and promotion of our goods and services to you. For example, we may disclose your personal information within our group, to service providers who assist us in our day-to-day business operations.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for other purposes which are within reasonable expectations or where permitted by law.
When marketing to you, your personal information is only ever used or disclosed for Robin Hood Hotel own purposes. You may opt out of our direct marketing to you. Our direct marketing materials will tell you how to do this.
We may de-identify your personal information. We may do this for use and disclosure of the anonymous data to determine preferences and shopping patterns.
5. HOW CAN YOU ENQUIRE ABOUT, ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Access: We will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold (except in limited circumstances recognised by law). If you wish to access your personal information or have an enquiry about privacy, please contact our Privacy Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on (02) 9389 3477
203 Bronte Road
Before we provide you with access to your personal information we may require some proof of identity.